The Harvest Centre is looking to recruit a part time Children’s and Youth Pastor to work in the church and the community. We are a growing church with children and teenagers spread across all age groups but with very few in each age bracket. We are looking for someone who would creatively lead our Kids’ and Youth groups, and who is also able to comfortably engage with parents and families.
The person appointed will be a Christian who is currently active and committed to a church. This is because they will be required to work within the context of a church, and therefore it is important that he/she is able to understand the various challenges and dynamics this involves. The candidate will be a Christian who is able to teach about Jesus, and our journey of faith in Him, to children and young people across all the age brackets.
The candidate will be required to share our Core Values and beliefs, therefore before applying please make sure to read them via the following links
The applicant will be committed to the following:
- To lead and organise activities for young children and teenagers
- To disciple young people and to encourage them to grow in the Christian faith
- To lead and organise our Sunday Kids’ Church and Youth group
- To support and encourage existing volunteers
- To partecipate in organising outreaches for children and young people in the community
- To engage with local schools
- To support the church in any current activities aimed at children and young people of all ages
- To be able to relate to young people of different needs and to explain the Christian faith in ways which encourage interest and stimulate growth
- Must show evidence of Christian character, integrity, and servant leadership in a work environment and well as in a home/family setting, leading by example and with humility and accountability.
- A commitment to the life of the church is essential
- Be Creative, enthusiastic and able to inspire others
- Be self-motivated
- Experience/qualification in children and youth work is desirable
- A good understanding of current issues that children and young people face
- Be able to manage both work and personal time in order to accommodate flexible working hours
- A willingness to become actively committed to our church for the duration of this appointment
- Subject to DBS check and Safeguarding training
Part time post: Approximately 24 hours per week. Salary is between £22,000 and £28,000 pro rata depending on qualifications and experience. This is a one year post with options to extend.